Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question please send it to email@example.com and we will do our best to reply.
1. I would like to get married at St John's Cathedral, how do I go about this?
Details of our Wedding Guidelines are available here.
2. I want to learn about Christianity, what groups can I join?
The Cathedral and Daughter Churches run various groups.
GENESIS is a short 8 week course that serves as an introduction to Christianity.
EFM is a four year course for a more in-depth study of Christianity.
The Cathedral also runs a weekly Bible Reading Group and other discussion groups. For more information please contact the clergy.
3. I would like to join St John's Cathedral, what do I need to do?
The way to become a member of St John's is to start coming regularly to the services and joining in the fellowship. During the year people are invited join our electoral roll. Being on the electoral roll allows you to vote or stand for Cathedral Council.
4. What time are services?
Service times are available here.
5. I am interested in baptism. Who should I speak to?
For baptism of infants or children please contact the priest in charge of the daughter church or the Revd Desmond Cox at St John's. For adult baptism please consider enrolling in the GENESIS course. Services of adult baptism and confirmation are held two or three times a year.
6. How can I give money to the Cathedral? (Emailed by someone who attended St John's for many years, has now returned to the US and remembers the Cathedral with fondness)
You can always just mail a cheque to the Cathedral office main address. However, Hong Kong being the financial wonder that it is, you can also transfer money directly to St John's Cathedral Account number: 004-002-245348-005 HSBC Ltd, 1 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong.
Another option for US citizens is to make contributions to the Episcopal Church in the USA, and have them forward the money to St. John's and your contribution is then deductible on your US taxes. Please email us if you are interested in doing this.